You have broken away from the planetary brain!

Friday, December 2, 2022

Glow and Behold...

Longtime readers of my Twilight Zone blog may recall that, several years ago, I acquired a TZ pub light sign which mimics those glorious neon beer signs that adorn the walls of every single bar and tavern I've (and presumably you've) ever been in. Wow, that was almost 13 years ago. This thing has been with me ever since, in and out of boxes through multiple moves, and it's still going strong. It currently resides on the wall directly behind the theater recliner in my home office, right under a trio of 11x17" movie poster replicas (Forbidden Planet, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Blade Runner). But if I'm being honest, the dead space around it has been bugging me for a while. It... needs something next to it, not just to take up blank wall space, but to compliment it.

It was my birthday last week, and my wife Teresa gave me a really cool gift that resolved the issue:










Pretty cool, right? These are actually pretty easy to acquire---- just hit Amazon and search for "custom LED bar sign," and you'll find several sellers who will make one for you. This one is way cooler than its TZ predecessor, since it can glow in several different colors (or cycle between them)... but c'mon. Blue will always be THE Outer Limits color. Now my two favorite TV series of all time are equally represented, side by side, casting an eerie blue glow over my favorite seat in the house.


2 comments:

  1. That's a great sign you got, and it looks like you've got a good setup for your viewing. What size TV are you looking at straight ahead?

    ReplyDelete