Destruct that ship, General!

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Finally, finally, FINALLY!!!!!!


Get out your sweaters and mittens, kids, because hell just froze over: The Outer Limits is finally coming to Blu-ray. And those cheap bastards at MGM are NOT the ones releasing it.



The pic above kinda says it all. Here's hoping for audio commentaries by my friend David J. Schow (author of The Outer Limits Companion and The Outer Limits at 50), not to mention John Scoleri and Peter Enfantino of We Are Controlling Transmission fame. And hey, why not Gary Gerani too? And hey, I sure as hell won't say no if I'm asked to contribute anything. 

Watch this space for updates.


7 comments:

  1. Holy crap!!! This is awesome! I've got my fingers crossed for commentaries. Hell, I'll GIVE them $100 if they let me talk on a few episodes. Of course, all I learned was from Schow and you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tuned for some interesting info regarding commentaries....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love a boost in audio with everyone having home theaters nowadays.

      Delete
  4. Any chance of doing episode spotlights again with the blu ray releases?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness. I'm not sure what more I could possibly write about each episode. I'll definitely chime in with reviews of the Blu-rays when they come out, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like they're going to put four (4) episodes on each disc, so for at least the first season set of eight discs, there won't be room for any extras, like original promos and episode commercials. Four 51 minute episodes on a disc seems a bit to much, three would have been better, at least for DVD's. Even in HD, the shows might come out a bit grainy, which happens when you cram too much data on a DVD.

    ReplyDelete