You have broken away from the planetary brain!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Woody Strikes Again!


As I mentioned last week, our pal Woody Welch has been commissioned to create five paintings for the upcoming Outer Limits gallery show at Burbank's Creature Features. We saw one of them last week (the Box Demon from "Don't Open Till Doomsday"), and we'll see another next week (Regina the Bee Queen from "ZZZZZ"). But the other three have so far remained unknown... until now, that is. Via his various social media outlets, Woody unveiled the third painting yesterday.


It's the Ichthyosaurus Mercurius from "Tourist Attraction," rendered in opaque acrylics on canvas. I absolutely love it. It's probably my favorite so far (and that's really saying something; wait till you see his "ZZZZZ" painting!). Look how those colors pop. Y'now, it kinda reminds me a bit of the LP cover for John Barry's Thunderball soundtrack....



As I've done with some of Woody's other work, I promptly re-purposed the new painting:



There are still two paintings left to reveal....


1 comment: